Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No remote but tv is factory reset

I have a Roku TV that was recently given to me by a friend and she said she does not know where the remote is but I could download an app to work as a remote. After I downloaded and created my Roku TV app it would not connect to my TV because it has not been set up and the TV is not connected to Wi-Fi because it has been factory reseted. Is there any way I can use my phone to set up my TV? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: No remote but tv is factory reset

@Cluelessmom No.  You need a remote.  Any Roku TV remote will work.  Available at Walmart.Target.BestBuy, Amazon for about $6 to $8 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No remote but tv is factory reset

@HDMIGuy wrote:

@Cluelessmom... Any Roku TV remote will work....

One caveat:  Roku TV remotes from HiSense and Sharp can only be used with HiSense and Sharp Roku TVs because they issue a different set of IR commands than the rest of the Roku TV manufacturers. The Roku TVs from HiSense and Sharp themselves, though, support both sets of IR commands so they can be used with remotes from any Roku TV manufacturer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos