Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peirre
Channel Surfer

No longer works through my Rotel receiver

I stream my Express through a Rotel receiver (RSX-1550). A few weeks ago it stopped working. After troubleshooting I decided to buy an Ultra. The Ultra also doesn’t work. I connected an old Firestick and it streams fine through the Rotel. Both the Express and Ultra play fine when plugged directly into an alternative input on my TV.  Any suggestions

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No longer works through my Rotel receiver

@Peirre

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Peirre
Channel Surfer

Hi, Danny, and thank you for your response.

My Roku device is connected via HDMI to my Rotel receiver.  My receiver then passed the video signal to my TV.  I've had a Roku Express streaming through this setup for many months, and another Roku device prior to that.  Recently I suddenly experienced no audio or video.  I ordered a new Ultra and connected that to the same HDMI cable the Express was using and experienced no audio or video.  I then connected an Amazon Fire Stick to that same HDMI cable and experienced audio and video as expected.  Additionally, I tested both Roku devices by connecting them directly into the TV and both worked wonderfully!  My conclusion from these tests is an update to the Roku OS created a new problem interfacing with my Rotel receiver (model # in original post). 

In hindsight, I wish I recalled the date of the initial failure of the Express.  I've since connected the Express to another TV in my home (and it is working well!).  Here is the device information you requested:

• Device model: 3900RW - Roku Express
  • Serial number: YG0046700339
  • Device ID: C438C4700339
  • Software OS/version: 11.5.0 build 4312-51

And...

• Device model: 4802X - Roku Ultra
  • Serial number: X010009WGS6T
  • Device ID: S0DA227WGS6T
  • Software OS/version: 11.5.0 build 4312-C2
0 Kudos
Peirre
Channel Surfer

Hello.

Any update on this?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Peirre 

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are able to play both Roku devices fine when connecting directly to the TV, this would imply that the issue you are experiencing is related to your AVR.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Peirre
Channel Surfer

Ohhhhh…Danny Danny Danny.  Your software has a bug, brah. Re-read the thread. 

0 Kudos
Peirre
Channel Surfer

It works!!  I did NOTHING and the Roku is working again. A software update, intentionally or not, fixed the problem. Yeah!

0 Kudos