Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bernie1344

Re: No longer getting Atmos

Jump to solution

When playing content, try pressing the * button on the remote, turn off volume mode, press home button, go back to the channel and try playing the content again. Worked for me. 

Jump to solution

I just got a receiver that supports atmos, after playing around trying to get atmos working in Disney+ I got it working by setting all audio settings on my Roku 3810x to Auto, then diva hard restart of the Roku. Only after the gard restart of the Roku did the atmos logo show for Disney+. My receiver also shows atoms on the display. Netflix doesn’t support atmos on the 3810x so that is a lost cause. I’m trying to verify if Amazon Prime will work. 

0 Kudos
Gearguy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Bernie1344 Oh my gosh!!  This worked!!  I have been digging and searching everywhere (including Roku's useless support people) and have not found a solution anywhere.  Until this little nugget hidden in this thread.  The tip where you hit star while playing content and turning off the "volume mode" made all the difference.  And for me, once I turned it off on one app, the rest all worked as well.  What a relief!  I knew the answer had to be somewhere! 

0 Kudos
schwinn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yup this worked for me, too... I guess volume leveling breaks ATMOS. I wish they'd tell you this in the interface!

Thanks for the tip @Bernie1344 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Any sound modification available in the Roku Audio menu switches the audio to 2 channel stereo to simplify the audio processing requested. That's why Atmos and 5.1 audio isn't available when using any sound modification menu item.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
schwinn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Understood, and I get it... but I wish the selection would say this would happen.

For example, on my ancient Tivo, it would tell me that I'd lose the interface sounds if I turned on Dolby support. A simple but effective way to let the user know!

Clearly, I'm not the only one who ran into this problem (as two others on this thread had it happen to them)... so it should be noted more clearly. That's all I'm saying.