Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hushtool
Channel Surfer

Re: No longer getting Atmos

Jump to solution

Wow, is online chat help a **bleep**ing joke.  

RocketRaccoon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What fixed my issue was the soundfield setting on my Sony receiver needed to be set to “A.F.D.”. If you have a Sony Atmos receiver, you set this with the 2CH/MULTI button on the remote.

0 Kudos
MikeTheVike
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When you guys go into your audio settings and it is set to Auto, is it showing Dolby Digital/DTS only? Or does it show Atmos also? I have an Ultra plugged into a Sony Receiver. On Disney+ shows that have Atmos, the Atmos symbol appears. But when playing, my receiver only shows Dolby Digital+ and not Atmos. It used to work fine, it used to play Atmos fine and it showed up on my receiver, but at some point it stopped. I don't know if it is a receiver issue, Roku issue, or Disney+ issue. But I think I have the settings correct on all devices.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@BG_79 wrote:

I haven't been able to get the Roku to work through the receiver for any Atmos titles on Netflix/Amazon.  It does work through the receiver with Disney +, but that is it.  I feel as though it is straight up compatibility between the content producers and Roku. Roku support has been terrible and just hands the buck off, offering no actual troubleshooting steps. This sucks because Roku claims compatibility. 

At least with Amazon, it's them not you. It's being reported by users of other devices as well, not just Roku players. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
dhaval85
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Anyone got any luck making Atmos work with Roku TV Netflix and Amazon app with Samsung Q series soundbars?

0 Kudos
mac_angel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@RocketRaccoon  Thanks for the note!

In Settings>Audio on your device, you must have all available options set to Auto/Auto-detect in order to play Dolby Atmos from any channel.

The content you are trying to play must also offer the Dolby Atmos audio format. If you need more help or have additional questions, you can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_index

Thanks,

Tanner

I'm not sure if you've been checking in or not, but there are a lot of people on here not getting Atmos working. Not just Disney+, but Amazon Prime and Netflix. I am not able to get it working either, and mine is hooked up to a Yamaha RX-A3050 with 7.1.4 setup. When I play content on any channel, I can go into the Yamaha and see the streaming info. And Netflix also shows if Atmos is available on their shows as well.

0 Kudos
dhaval85
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku doesn’t care anymore. You’re just wasting your time like I did. 

0 Kudos
mac_angel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

yea, I tried opening up a ticket. The idiocy of the responses was unbelievable. Right in the first message, which was a canned response, they asked for a bunch of stupid info that they needed to have before they could escalate it. The first ones were my name (which they had already addressed me as at the beginning of the email), my email address (seriously, they emailed me asking for my email address), the product I was having problems with, which I had already said in my first message along with all relevant information, BUT is also all in my account, which they have all my information of my name, address, email address, my devices, serial numbers, etc. We went back and forth 4 times with me giving them that information again, as well as saying the Roku is plugged directly into a Yamaha A/V receiver (which they kept asking me what the brand name of the HDMI cable I was using, and if I tried another HDMI cable), etc, etc.
Roku should seriously be ashamed of themselves. I'll never buy another Roku again, and tell everyone to STAY AWAY - THEY LIE. I asked before I bought the streaming stick if it supports Atmos. Well, it did, but not any more.
I'm about to start another thread because I'm curious if this works with the Roku.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07TVSBL7H/?coliid=I35X4Z85U36IMG&colid=2V1K8RWXCZO26&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_...
I've read from someone else that it worked for them (but not sure if it still does), as well as I did a search about Amazon Firestick and Atmos. People had problems with Atmos on that, too, but someone posted a link for that box and said they got it to work that way. It seems like a cheaper option than having to buy an NVidia Shield TV.

dhaval85
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@mac_angel I can feel your frustration. I had been through the same. I gave up though. I am not buying a TCL or a Roku again. 

0 Kudos
mac_angel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

yea, same. I'm curious about that switch box, if it might be a band-aid for the issue. I'm not counting on it though. I'm probably going to pick up an NVidia Shield TV like I should have from the start, and sell my Roku. Not to anyone I know though.

0 Kudos