Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Signal on Roku Ultra

Hi @Rtripath,

Thanks for the quick response.

Please try to connect to a power outlet in the wall using the USB power adapter that came with the Roku. In addition, In addition, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Rtripath
Reel Rookie

No luck, the issue still persists. I am kicking myself that I got rid of my older model of ROKU, at least it was functional, this new 4K unit is really a let down.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Rtripath,

Thanks for the update.

Allow me to assist you. We appreciate for testing and sharing the result with us. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device? This can be located at the back of the device itself. I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can help us further.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Rtripath
Reel Rookie

serial number for the Roku is 

SN: S07P2236MP8D

SKU# 3941R

I hope we can get this resolved, else it is time for me to cut my losses and perhaps move to Apple TV

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Rtripath

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the information. 

I have forwarded the information you provided to the Support team, and they will reach out to you via email to continue assisting you from there. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help, and we will do our best to assist you in any way we can. 

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
bigkurz8

March 2023:

came across this thread having the same issue. Out of the blue, my Roku ultra just stopped working and isn’t sending a signal to the tv. It’s on (light in front), and I’m using all the same cables I’ve used for years.

i can tell from this thread that Roku basically hasn’t addressed the problem and instead finds a way to blame users over and over. Very unfortunate. 

I’ll be replacing my unit soon and not with another Roku device. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bigkurz8,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue with your Roku device that is not working. We apologized for the inconvenience this has caused and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device?
  2. Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables?
  3. Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV?
  4. For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting those Roku devices to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
bigkurz8

As mostly stated in my post:

I’m using original cables 

the Roku is plugged into a wall plug , not the usb port on the tv 

the light on the Roku is on / it is receiving power 

hdmi is plugged in properly

i tried the other hdmi port with the same result 

This unit has been sitting in this same spot with the same tv and the same cables and same wall plug for years and worked fine. It stopped working out of nowhere. Just like essentially everyone else on this thread. 

it does not work on other tvs either 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bigkurz8,

Thanks for following up and providing additional information about your Roku Ultra.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
bigkurz8

My S/N is KW9987817162

0 Kudos