Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: No Signal on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Hey @Mahpham

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps suggested in this Support link: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
djmartin4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm having this same problem, I've tried two Roku Ultras, one output a video signal long enough to get new firmware downloaded, but then would not output video after that. I tried all the usual stuff, new cable, different HDMI port on the TV, resetting the Roku, unplugging and replugging everything multiple times. Nothing has worked. I then exchanged it for a new one, which won't even output a video signal at all. Even with all of the same troubleshooting stuff. All other video devices work fine on this TV.  I'd be happy to send a PM to someone to get some help, but I can't figure out how to do it on this forum. Maybe I have to do it from a computer instead of on a mobile device. Either way, I really need some help. I have a Roku 3 on another TV in the house and it works fine. Thank you.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@djmartin4, does the Ultra work on the TV the Roku 3 is connected to and vice versa?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
djmartin4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, thank you for responding to my question.

Yes, when switched the Roku Ultra works on the bedroom TV, but the Roku 3 does not work on the family room TV (Toshiba). As mentioned above, one of the Ultras did work once on the Toshiba, so that implies that an Ultra should work again. The TV detects the presence of either the Ultra or the 3 and automatically labels the respective input appropriately, but that's all that happens. It doesn't make a lot of sense that the Rokus would have trouble, since every DVD and Blu-ray player we've ever used on the Toshiba have all worked fine.

0 Kudos
tinamason379
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issues and our Roku Ultra has been working well for us for about 3 years I want to say until now. I can’t get anywhere with it and I’m so frustrated. Have tried it in all of the HDMI ports, have unplugged the entire unit and waited patiently to power it back up again and nothing. Made sure all of the cables are placed securely and appropriately and still nothing. Can someone please advise what we should do???

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@tinamason379, does any light illuminate on the front of the Ultra when you connect the power?  If not, your power adapter could have failed or the Ultra itself could have failed.

0 Kudos
tinamason379
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes. My Roku Ultra does light up. It appears as though it should all work, but nothing happens on the tv. Roku powers on when plugged in. The HDMI port indicates it’s aware it’s been plugged in and then nothing. Have tried pairing the remote to the Roku again and that lights up too, but there’s no connectivity between the Roku Ultra with the remote or the tv. It makes no sense to me. It worked just fine prior to this. So I’m truly at a loss. It’s even plugged into a power surge protector strip and I’ve moved the power cord into another space on it. I’ve tried everything I can think of outside of rebooting my router and my Roku Ultra is not hooked up to it. It is solely via my Wifi and we have Wifi extenders that expand the signal. So this is truly baffling after having it work for a few years. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@tinamason379, there's a few things to try.  None seem likely to be a problem, but it's best to rule them out. 

• Try another HDMI cable
  • Try another TV if you can
  • Take the surge protector out of the equation by plugging it directly into the wall

If you try all of those and it still doesn't work it may be time for a replacement since the warranty is only good for a year.

0 Kudos
djmartin4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, that's really frustrating. I ended up switching to an Amazon Fire Stick, which works fine in the same HDMI port that the Roku Ultra does not work in. And it supports all of the same channels I normally watch. It bothered me to stop using Roku, since I like the devices in general, but this problem has made the Ultra unusable. I truly hope Roku fixes this problem in the future. Maybe there is a firmware update they can push out.

0 Kudos
jw10

Jump to solution

i just purchased my Ultra and when connected it powers up and I get the Roku logo on the TV then it goes away and I get the no signal from the TV screen after that.. Brand new out of the box unit haven't even gotten to the setup screen let alone activate it..

0 Kudos