Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrandE
Binge Watcher

Re: No Signal on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Roku does not have that menu option, there is no “Power” or “Auto power savings”.

0 Kudos
mcburton84
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I purchased a new Roku Ultra 4800 to replace the Roku streaming stick and have power issues with the new player. It keeps powering off when not in use and when I turn on the input to the HDMI port, it says no input detected. I've unplugged the power cords and the HDMI cable but the problem persists. Even tried a different HDMI port.  Roku Ultra (4800 series) 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mcburton84

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the newest Roku OS 10.5 has added a new Power item in Settings > System menu for some Roku models. If you have this Power item, under Auto power savings see if deactivating After 20 minutes of no interaction fixes the problem.

Pleas keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BabsNY
Reel Rookie

Re: No HDMI Signal on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with my HDMI connection closing and I timed the cut off of the signal from the cable over the course of three days: it was 20 minutes almost exactly every time. I had tried three different HDMI cables with no luck. I think I've figured out the problem and renojim is correct. 1) You can turn off the 'Power Saving' feature in settings as renojim suggests. Or, 2) (my suggestion) you can just push the back arrow button (<--) on the remote. This immediately turns on the HDMI connection whether you are on cable or not. So easy!

The time the HDMI connection stayed active was a major clue. The box goes into sleep mode after 20 minutes of inactivity. I do not know why the folks at Roku do not know that this is the solution to the problem everyone is having with the Roku Ultra. Makes you wonder...

0 Kudos
mcburton84
Binge Watcher

Re: No HDMI Signal on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

My issue was resolved by turning off the power save feature.

0 Kudos
mcburton84
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My issue was resolved by turning off the power save feature.

0 Kudos
admranger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my Roku Ultra.  Hard to go into the menus when you have no signal to the TV.  I've gone so far to do a complete system reset and that worked for a short while.  Now it's not working again.

There is no "power save" feature on my Roku Ultra under the System menu tree.

account email:  [personal information removed]

model number:  4660x2

serial number:  CK4889162725

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @admranger,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the a wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue with no signal.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
admranger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s a Roku ultra so it’s powered from the wall outlet, since it’s not a usb stick…

I unplugged the ultra, left it off for a while, and then plugged it back in and it’s working again.  This is the second time it has done this since the 10.5 update.  The update has clearly screwed things up.  I hope a new update will be released soon. 

0 Kudos
Dajjmom

Re: No Signal on Roku express

Jump to solution

I've tried everything. I can't grt past no signal. Unplugged and plugged back in all cords. Changed hdmi ports. Nothing. I've got nowhere. Please help.

0 Kudos