Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDA82
Reel Rookie

Re: No Signal on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Thanks @RokuKariza-D.

Is there anything that can be done in the meantime? I haven’t received anything yet. 

I appreciate your assistance.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JDA82

Thanks for the follow up. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LKay

Jump to solution

I accidentally discovered a work-around after nothing else worked. Each and every time I would power on one of my three TV sets (the other two of which have experienced no signal problems), the screen would display a No Signal message. I tried all the suggestions from this thread, yet the No Signal message persisted each time I powered on the TV. At one point, with my set powered on, I picked up the Roku receiver box and accidentally pressed the button on the right side of it. The apps suddenly appeared on screen and I was ready to go. I never power off the TV set anymore when I'm finished watching. I simply press the button on the right side of the Roku receiver to turn it off. When ready to watch again, I press the Roku button.

This might not work for everyone, but it's working beautifully for me and my Philips TV.

0 Kudos
Wtbeaty

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
mveazie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue of "No signal".  We recently installed a Roku stick and it was running fine and then all of a sudden it just went to "No signal".  Funny thing is we had another TV in another room with a different Roku and now that one has the same problem.  We have one downstairs and that one is working fine. Just wondering if someone could help us?

0 Kudos
USMC-Doc

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra is not responding, stating there’s no signal. I can’t even access a menu screen.

I unplug and reinsert the original power cord again, with the bootup screen functioning, but then it goes back to “No Signal”.

I tried switching HDMI cables to a new port on the same TV. No change. And there is no other television I possess that is even capable of HDMI connectivity, so going to another TV is not an option.

What was the solution?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JohnS32
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I Have two Roku ultras in my house, bought in January 2021 and they both worked great until recently.  

BOTH UNITS at the same time started having the no signal issue.  Obviously they use different TV's and cables.  Once the error message occurs, if I hit home 5-6 times then it reverts back to the home screen.  

Was there a software update that caused this?  It seems very odd that both units would exhibit the same issue at the same time.

Can someone at Roku please contact me to get this resolved?   

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JohnS32, no one from Roku will ever contact you, so don't bother asking.  There's a new setting with the 10.5 update that affects some Roku devices.  Look for it under Settings->System->Power.  If you have that menu option then disable "Auto power savings".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
JohnS32
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@renojim wrote:

@JohnS32, no one from Roku will ever contact you, so don't bother asking.  There's a new setting with the 10.5 update that affects some Roku devices.  Look for it under Settings->System->Power.  If you have that menu option then disable "Auto power savings".

Thank you for this.  I will try this and report back.  

0 Kudos
BrandE
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The channels on my Roku Ultra say the is a network issue and will not work. The Wi-Fi is fine the Roku Ultra connects okay and my other Roku and all the apps on it work even if I swap locations. I have rebooted router and the Roku Ultra, uninstalled and reinstalled apps, changed Wi-Fi channels and went back and forth between 2.4 and 5 bandwidths. Still none of my apps, HBO, Prime, Hulu, AMC etc, are working. Oddly enough Netflix is the only app the will stream video.

0 Kudos