Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Signal on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

@Smokindog wrote:

... seeing the "dancing ROKU" on reboot and then black screen. ...

I'm guessing the Roku is sending a signal in a resolution which the "problem" tv does not support. If that's the case, you should see the normal "bouncing letters" Roku startup screen, but lose your picture when it tries to load the home screen.

I'd suggest trying the Roku on a different TV if one is available, especially if that TV has a working Roku. If it comes up okay there, go into Settings > Display type and change the Roku to the actual resolution of the "problem" set instead of a different resolution or the "auto" setting. When you get to the countdown screen click on the "yes" option to save this setting to the Roku. Now move the Roku back to the "problem" set and see if it works.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Smokindog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Na, this is the ROKU that's been on this TV for a few years now.  It just stopped working.

Brought to you from someplace in Texas!
0 Kudos
Smokindog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's an ULTRA so powered by the supplied power wart.  As I said, I swapped in another Ultra and all functions just fine using ALL THE SAME CABLES ..........

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Smokindog

Thanks for the response.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be located at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Smokindog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

YJ0064074360

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Smokindog

Appreciate the prompt reply. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Giannis

Jump to solution

Hi, I am having the same issues. I only have my Roku streaming stick ultra for a few months. Tried to turn on tv 2 days ago and I received the "No Signal" message. Tried everything I could find on Google. I went as far as putting it on different tv and still no resolution.

Can anyone help me? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Giannis

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried all the suggestions in this Support article: What should I do if I cannot see the video from my Roku® streaming player on my TV? If so and the problem continues, reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JDA82
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza, Danny & Roku Team,

I’m experiencing the same issues as many others on this forum. 

I have many Roku Ultra’s in my home,  it my guest room Ultra has stopped working. I’ve tried everything suggested above and in other links and get no response from the unit, just black screen (no signal being sent). The unit also does not show up on my device list within the app. 

My account email is [personal information]

Roku Serial #: S02A209MH7LV

i would appreciate any help you can provide. 

Thanks,

JD

@RokuKariza-D

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @JDA82

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos