Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Signal on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Hi @LLG,

Thanks for the post.

Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI cable as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue with no signal? 

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Snoopytv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. This is helpful. I have ran in circles.

0 Kudos
Snoopytv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes there is a light showing. It blinks then goes solid.

It has no on or off switch or button so we have left it on  till it goes to sleep. It can turn back on by hitting any button on the remote. While trying to repair I have unplugged and plugged back in.

It is plugged into the wall with the provided cables.

I have bought a strong HDMI cable to see if that worked but it did not.

I don't have another tv so I have not tried that but can take it to a friends.

It worked since I bought it and then one day stopped. It seems to try to go on with the bouncing Roku but then goes to no signal.

I have attached photos.It says incompatible video signal and to check the out put. But nothing changed on my end.

Thank you!

ToriIMG_3215.jpgIMG_3216.jpgIMG_3217.jpgIMG_3218.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Snoopytv

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing? 

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Elgrecco
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same issue as others here have described.

Roku Ultra (4660X2).

Tried different HDMI cables, different ports, different TVs.  Nothing.

No signal detected by TVs.

Tried the hard factory reset on the unit - couldn't even get the lights to blink after holding the button in for 30+ seconds.

Remote blinks, indicating it's not seeing the Roku.

Help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Elgrecco

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lsmchandler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good luck!  I've had similar problems and support is non existent.  I spent 7 months emailing them and finally they agreed to replace my device only to not follow through.  They said they would send a replacement device within 1 day of receipt.  That was almost 2 weeks ago.  They don't even respond to emails with anything more than a runaround. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@lsmchandler

Thanks for the post.

If you were in touch with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve your issue as they would be best to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lsmchandler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well that's the problem.  They aren't responsive or doing what they say they will do!  Basically support is non-existent!

0 Kudos
Thatrusoldja
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the 2020 Roku Ultra and when I plug it in to the wall outlet the box is lit up showing me that I have powered on the device, but when I plug in the HDMI Cord to the TV from the Roku My TV keeps saying No Signal. I have switched TVs, and HDMI Cords and I still get the same thing every time. 

0 Kudos