Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sakendrick
Streaming Star

No 5.1/Dolby Digital/DTS Output from Roku through HDMI and Onkyo Receiver

I know there are various flavors of this post but I haven't found a resolution. I actually thought this was an Onkyo issue but then I tested another source and no issue.

Roku Ultra connected to Onkyo NR6050 via HDMI. When I play either Netflix or Disney+ via my Roku Ultra, and set my receiver to direct (which should be getting the 5.1 signal and playing it accordingly), I only get left and right channels playing.

In the Roku Audio and HDMI settings, everything is set to Auto/Auto Detect.

Any suggestions appreciated - otherwise, I guess I"ll just have the Onkyo process the surround channels. I also assume Roku doesn't output 7.2 today?

Scott

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No 5.1/Dolby Digital/DTS Output from Roku through HDMI and Onkyo Receiver

You didn't mention if you pressed * and checked that the audio volume mode options are off, since the leveling and night modes force a change to PCM. Also check if the particular channel app adds additional audio track options.

0 Kudos
sakendrick
Streaming Star

Re: No 5.1/Dolby Digital/DTS Output from Roku through HDMI and Onkyo Receiver

all volume modes off. There are no separate sound tracks in the program (other than different languages - but no separate 5.1 vs. stereo optoins).

0 Kudos