Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sakendrick
Level 9

No 5.1/Dolby Digital/DTS Output from Roku through HDMI and Onkyo Receiver

I know there are various flavors of this post but I haven't found a resolution. I actually thought this was an Onkyo issue but then I tested another source and no issue.

Roku Ultra connected to Onkyo NR6050 via HDMI. When I play either Netflix or Disney+ via my Roku Ultra, and set my receiver to direct (which should be getting the 5.1 signal and playing it accordingly), I only get left and right channels playing.

In the Roku Audio and HDMI settings, everything is set to Auto/Auto Detect.

Any suggestions appreciated - otherwise, I guess I"ll just have the Onkyo process the surround channels. I also assume Roku doesn't output 7.2 today?

Scott

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 8

Re: No 5.1/Dolby Digital/DTS Output from Roku through HDMI and Onkyo Receiver

You didn't mention if you pressed * and checked that the audio volume mode options are off, since the leveling and night modes force a change to PCM. Also check if the particular channel app adds additional audio track options.

0 Kudos
sakendrick
Level 9

Re: No 5.1/Dolby Digital/DTS Output from Roku through HDMI and Onkyo Receiver

all volume modes off. There are no separate sound tracks in the program (other than different languages - but no separate 5.1 vs. stereo optoins).

0 Kudos