Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: New Roku Express - Consistently goes silent for a few seconds every 30-45 mins

@noreaster  You bought it from a seller off Amazon. Was it refurbished? Have you filled out the Roku warranty process? If you had the issue since day 1 then why didn't you return it too Amazon back then? The 3930 was introduced back in 2019. When this happens does it seem like it’s buffering? How fast is your internet? What model was your previous Roku? Go to settings/ network/ check connection. What does it say for signal strength and speed?

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
Julia9

Re: New Roku Express - Consistently goes silent for a few seconds every 30-45 mins

I setup my new roku express yesterday and am having the paused audio problem too except mine happens every 5 minutes. It is brief but just long enuf to lose a word. It happens on every channel I tried: NBC, ABC, roku channel. Can I disable the roku audio and use my TV speakers?

0 Kudos
Julia9

My signal strength is excellent and I passed the check connection test.

0 Kudos
Julia9

My internet download speed is Good (45 Mbps)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Julia9

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable or using another HDMI port on your TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to another TV to see if you see the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos