Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noreaster
Reel Rookie

New Roku Express - Consistently goes silent for a few seconds every 30-45 mins

I replaced our Roku about a week ago and now we'll be watching Netflix or Prime and suddenly the sound goes silent for a second or two and then is fine again.  Video & subtitles continue unaffected.  Seems to happen about once an hour, but tried timing it and interval is not consistent. Never had this issue with the older Roku.  And don't experience the issue with just the TV (not streaming).  Could this be a defect in the Roku?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Aimsport
Channel Surfer

Re: New Roku Express - Consistently goes silent for a few seconds every 30-45 mins

Same here. Old Roku had same audio pauses. Totally different TV and everything and same bad behavior. Roku hasn’t addressed this for years.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New Roku Express - Consistently goes silent for a few seconds every 30-45 mins

@noreaster @Aimsport

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
noreaster
Reel Rookie

I Responded via email on 2-Mar with the details requested.  Any progress?  If not, I'd like a replacement Roku sent since this one is new and seems faulty.  

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Did you buy it from the Roku website? Or a store like Walmart or Best Buy? How long ago did you purchase it? Did you file a warranty claim? Did you verify the Roku was the issue by plugging it into another TV?

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@noreaster

Thanks for the follow up.

It doesn't appear that you have provided us with the information we previously requested.

Please be aware that email notifications cannot be replied to as posts and replies can only be made in the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aimsport
Channel Surfer

multiple tvs and in fact multiple countries

0 Kudos
Aimsport
Channel Surfer

Costco.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Aimsport

Thanks for the posts.

It doesn't look like your provide me with the information that I inquired about from your previous post. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
noreaster
Reel Rookie

Am trying now for the 3rd time to provide the info you requested.  Here is my info from over 3 weeks ago:

1. does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button) - Happens on both Netflix  (V5.1, bld 98029462) and Prime (v12.3, bld 2021122417).
2. tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) - by the time i would try this it would be back to normal as it only lasts about 3-4 secs.
3.  steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing - Just watching a show and at random times happens.  can count on it happening at least 2 times/hr but sometimes more and no consistent time interval between incidences.

Model:  3930X - Roku Express
SN: X004003W3R9J
SW Ver:  10.5.0 - build 4208-AE
Dev Id: 500831AW3R9J

As I mentioned, this never happened with my older Roku.  I would like a replacement from Roku.  We're all spending more time than its worth on a defective new product that sells for less than $30.  I bought it via Amazon on 2/12/22 and have had this issue since day 1.  I'm beyond the Amazon return window because I've been trying to resolve the issue with Roko.
0 Kudos