Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henduhendu

Network channel (ABC) has cross talk while watching

While watching the news on ABC; the newscaster and the weatherman are mixed up.  They're showing the weather and you can't hear what they're saying but you can hear the person doing the news over them.  I've tried unplugging the electric to reset and it doesn't make any difference.  I turn the same channel on with my cable TV and it works fine so it looks like it's the Roku.  Any suggestions?  The serial number is X01600DH875R, model number 3941RW.

Thank you!

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Network channel (ABC) has cross talk while watching

Hi @henduhendu,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

We also recommend trying removing any channel you observe this issue on from the Roku home screen. Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again. 

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Note: Never post any personally identifiable, private, or sensitive information publicly, including passwords, email addresses, or payment information. Community content is visible to all Community members.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
henduhendu

I forgot to mention I have two roku devices and this is happening to both of them on the same channel.  So far, the other channels seem to be working normally.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @henduhendu

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the ABC channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting ABC Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos