I have a Roku Ultra 4800R, an Epson LS500 projector and a Samsung HW-N850 soundbar. The Netflix app seems to lose 4KUHD/HDR and Atmos features overnight. I always have to reboot my Roku to have 4K/Atmos back. I've tried both auto and manual select for video resolution to no avail. Other apps like Disney+ and Vudu do not have this issue. Any workarounds? Thanks in advance.
Thank you for taking time to answer my post. Some comments though.
1. The Roku updates itself automatically. But for information's sake, I already have ver. 10 build 4209-C2.
2. I have tried setting video to automatic and manual selecting 4K HDR (no Dolby Vision) to no avail.
3. I have selected audio passthrough as this allows my soundbar to process the audio signal itself instead of receiving a compressed signal. I have just noticed moments ago that Atmos still works in spite of no labels being shown by the Netflix app.
4. That said I still have to check (through my projector) if a 4K HDR signal is being sent instead of HD. If that is the case, then perhaps reloading Netflix might be the more convenient alternative compared to rebooting like what you mentioned. (I have also reinstalled Netflix to no avail.)
5. I still have to try the secret menu you mentioned. I may have two wait a night or two when I get the HD only label in Netflix.
Again, thank you for your time. I will post final outcomes after I have done further troubleshooting.