Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fnlvnchk12
Channel Surfer

Re: Netflix and YouTube TV Playback Freezes after rewind

Haven’t provided you with the details? Considering the totality, we’ve provided you with everything. You’re engaging in obfuscation. Fix the GD problem or admit you’re incapable. This is boring. Sheez! 

russbert4663
Channel Surfer

Re: Netflix and YouTube TV Playback Freezes

I provided every detail you requested a week ago and there has been no response at all. Others have also provided what was asked. There has been ZERO response from "Danny" and Roku. 

fnlvnchk12
Channel Surfer

Re: Netflix and YouTube TV Playback Freezes

Good old Danny! He’s nothing if not useless. I mean, seriously.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating this issue. At this time I do not have any updates to provide, but rest assured that once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
ShoeBDu
Reel Rookie

This has been happening on my newest Streaming Stick, purchased in July 2022 while watching YouTubeTV on a Samsung TV. I believe it started in October. This does not EVER happen on my older Streaming Sticks, purchased in 2020. (I have 3 of them, also all on Samsung TVs.) There’s no rhyme or reason, some days it happens, other days it doesn’t. It’s not specific to a particular channel, or show. It happens when I watch DVR recordings, after fast-forwarding. The picture is frozen from what I last watched before fast-forwarding, but the sound plays just fine. If I go back a few menus to the Home Screen within YTTV, then back into the recording, then it will usually play okay…… until 10 minutes later when I have to fast-forward again. I’ve tried all the suggestions of system restarts, power cycling, uninstall/reinstall the app, etc. Nothing works.  So frustrating!!! I would love to exchange mine for an older version streaming stick that actually works!

0 Kudos
ShoeBDu
Reel Rookie

Model: 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial #: X01700TX1TFG

Device ID: S08Y421X1TFG

Software Version: 11.5.0 - build 4235-CU

0 Kudos
LauraZ
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R I don't know if it helps, but as I've mentioned before, this happens only when I first turn on the TV/YouTubeTV and the first time I rewind;  if I pull out the HDML cord from behind the TV, it will start right from where I rewound to and then the sound and visual proceed fine and then at some other point, I'll be able to rewind and resume playing again fine until I turn off the TV and turn it on again.

0 Kudos