Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JL71

Re: Netflix and YouTube TV Playback Freezes

I am having the exact same problem. Picture freezes but sound doesn't. Happens on Netflix, HBO, and YouTube TV. Its a Roku Express 4k+ bought from Amazon October 17 last month. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JL71

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
punknhedd
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem on a brand new Roku Ultra, which I purchased because I had the same problem on a Roku Express 4K+.  This issue does not seem to be channel specific.  It happens on F1 TV as well.

0 Kudos
punknhedd
Channel Surfer

Happened again while watching Pluto:

Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: X010005THH86 (S0DA229THH86)

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4235-C2

Timestamp : 2022-11-20T19:24:50Z

0 Kudos

Hi, random stranger here but I just purchased a 4K streaming stick on sale yesterday and immediately noticed the same performance issue - the video is "playing" but the video doesn't render.  After some experimentation, I realized I could force the stick to refresh its synchronization with the video feed by using the software controls in YouTubeTV to force a change to a lower resolution video, and then back to the highest resolution option I was originally watching.  Having used the same app on other smart devices, I suspect the Roku software is inadvertently clashing with video rendering, and it's likely something Roku could patch with a software update.  

russbert4663
Channel Surfer

This occurred again today while watching YouTube TV and attempting to rewind live television.

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X01600CRMDG1

Device ID: S07P427RMDG1

Software version: 11.5.0 (build 4235-CR)

Tracker ID: G1-479-297

Thank you.

0 Kudos
LauraZ
Binge Watcher

Re: Netflix and YouTube TV Playback Freezes after rewind

OK Roku... you need to fix this. It never stops with the 4K Express. I just pull out the HDML cord from back of tv and plug it back in and the situation is fixed... until the next time. It happens every day, several times a day. I do have YouTube TV, so what is incompatible with this? It is not our issue, it is a Roku issue. Before I realized this was your issue, I had to pay $15 to mail my new Roku back to you after buying it on sale, only to get this same issue with the new Roku. What a waste. When will this be fixed??

fnlvnchk12
Channel Surfer

Same problem with the ultra. Roku will ask you for the model, software build yada yada. Then nothing. You’re right. This is a known issue which Roku needs to fix.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@fnlvnchk12

Thanks for the post.

It doesn't look like you've provided us with the requested information. This would be especially helpful since the issue you are experiencing is different than those on this thread as you are using a different Roku device. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
punknhedd
Channel Surfer

Hey RokuDanny-R

Several of us have posted the details you asked for.  Weeks ago.  When are we going to get an acknowledgement of the problem and a solution?