Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fisher444

NFL APP Error 403 Forbidden

I have been getting the 403 Forbidden error for 2 or 3 days now in Roku. I removed the app and put it back. I went to Systems and had it check for updates and still get the error. It appears from other posts this has been going on for weeks. Is this something Roku or NFL needs to address.

Full disclosure. On my iPad I get a similar problem. It says “Fumble. Video cannot be played”. So I am thinking NFL is the problem, but they are impossible to contact and Google doesn’t show their error. Perhaps Roku knows how to contact them.

This is my first post here so hopefully I have done it correctly. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NFL APP Error 403 Forbidden

Hi @Fisher444,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If the issue is only with the NFL and with a specific channel error, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback.

You can reach NFL support here

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hilfm

Re: NFL APP Error403 Forbidden

I also have this problem and have followed the advice of roku and multiple responders and nothing has worked. We have cancelled our nfl subscription. Hopefully someone can actually help you.

0 Kudos