Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBC News will not start up

NBC News will not start up.  I deleted and reloaded the app. I reset my modem.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NBC News will not start up

Hi @SilverKnolls,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the NBC News channel and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Please be advised that when removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install. 

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AWB
Binge Watcher

All,

I am also having this problem on one Roku TV. It is a TCL model 40FS3750 and had been working with the app but just stopped when we tried to start it one day last week. I tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling with the same problem. It starts the logo screen and just freezes, sometime it forces a reboot after a minute or so. Other NBC apps are working fine on the machine. I have even tried doing a complete factory reset with no change. The OS is 11.5.0 will this unit get the 12 update and if so when? Maybe this would fix the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AWB,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far and we'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

If you are still experiencing an issue when playing content on NBC News, try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now. If the issue remains unresolved, we'd recommend reaching out to the channel directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos