Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saiken

My Roku stick won’t stay on after a few seconds

I have my Roku stick plugged in using the power cord and adapter that it came with and it will not stay on. I have reset it multiple times and tried different plugs and it is doing the same thing. How do I fix it?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: My Roku stick won’t stay on after a few seconds

Hi @saiken

Thanks for reaching out to Roku Community. 

We're here to help you get back to streaming. To clarify, you are powering the device directly into a power outlet. If so, follow the tips below and see if it helps:

• Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. 
  • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  • Try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with connector on the TV.
  • Or if possible, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.

With more details, we'll be able to assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa 

0 Kudos