I've had my Roku streaming stick for several years now. It has been in the same place, in the same TV and it hasn't had any issues. A few days ago it gave me a low power warning (this has never happened before), and now it's starting to overheat within a few minutes. It's plugged directly into the TV, but the TV never gets warm and there is plenty of air flow. It even overheats when I just have the USB plugged in and not the Roku itself. Is it just time to replace my Roku?
I have tested the Roku using an external power source, with extension, from a different HDMI port, and it is still reaching temperatures of over 100C (over 200F). This is with only about 10-15 minutes of use.
Support team still hasn't contacted me. I was mailed a new extension cord but it didn't even function. Still overheats even if just the USB cord is plugged in (even tried multiple cords). Is it just time to buy a new Roku?