Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SomeGuy24
Channel Surfer

My Roku device is stuck on the restart screen

I have a Roku streaming device. While streaming a channel, my Roku restarted on its own. It never went to the home screen even after waiting 10 minutes. I unplugged the Roku device, waited 5 minutes, plugged it back in and once again my Roku was stuck on the restart screen. Waited 15 minutes and it never left the restart screen. I have repeated the cycle a few times to know avail.

I tried to pushed reset button, only to find out it is an empty hole and there is no button to press. Please help, my Roku has been rendered useless!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My Roku device is stuck on the restart screen

@SomeGuy24

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more details about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device? 

When performing a factory reset, are you making sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds, regardless of what is happening on screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos