Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OhioWolf
Channel Surfer

Re: My Roku Ultra keeps restarting

Mine has done this since I bought it last October. Please fix this issue ROKU

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @OhioWolf

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kisco
Reel Rookie

After several weeks, emails and telephone calls Roku finally agreed to send a replacement AFTER they receive the defective unit which was returned at MY expense. Roku earns ZERO Stars (only because negative stars is no an option) on their customer service and standing by their product. Oh, I forgot two things...1) everytime you speak to someone you have to go through the same tedious routine to see if the issue would correct itself, HaHa! 2) one of reasons it took several weeks was that an "early" promise to send a replacement was never honored!!! Great product when it works but support is TERRIBLE!

OhioWolf
Channel Surfer

A buddy of mine just got a ROKU ultra. And you guessed it. It is rebooting all the time as well. Roku is just releasing bad hardware/software. Plain and simple. With all the competitors out there in the streaming world you'd think this company would get this fixed. I highly doubt your replacement will be better. Please let us know.

0 Kudos
RobW
Channel Surfer

Yes my replacement fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
OhioWolf
Channel Surfer

My device has always been powered via the power brick never via USB. So, I think I have a defective device. Can I get a replacement?

0 Kudos
RobW
Channel Surfer

It is ages ago since I originally posted this. I cannot now remember whether i got a replacement through Amazon or Roku

regards

rob

0 Kudos
epinto

Finally googled this after weeks of frustration. Glad I'm not alone.

Adding that my model 4800X

Software 10.5.0 build 4208-C2

Suffers from the same reboot daily. Often when you first hit home from off, and click to a start an app (Netflix) it reboots. 

I'll get started with a support case, let's see what happens.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
OhioWolf
Channel Surfer

I gave up on Roku. No support I threw mine in the trash. Went with the Fire Cube 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @epinto

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiecing.

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

• Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos