Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartyLakeWorth
Binge Watcher

Re: My Roku 43s517 TCL tv screen flickers and jumps

That sucks! I changed all the settings everything and even reset to factory settings. The main board I bought from eBay fixed it all. I have my hdmi surround sound system and Amazon firestick installed on it. 

0 Kudos
EvanCon

Anyone have any additional tricks or suggestions? Switched ALL boards, reset, brightness, settings, etc. Was out of warranty by a month and am very annoyed. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@EvanCon

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bj-tv-user
Reel Rookie

MartyLakeWorth, Did you replace any of the boards? Was your screen jumping until you seated this plug properly? Because if you replaced board and knock this plug off then you already had the issue. I replaced all three boards and still have the screen jumping every three seconds. Is this possibly a software OS issue or a hardware issue? Waiting for your response.

0 Kudos
MartyLakeWorth
Binge Watcher

I just replaced the main board that time! I searched eBay and found it. I took it apart carefully and put it back together again the same way it came out. Had to blank and reset the system and load my account and update. It’s been working fine ever since. I have it as a second Roku tv for the bedroom and have a 50 inch Roku as my main tv. Hope you can fix it. 

0 Kudos
Bj-tv-user
Reel Rookie

Marty, is there any hardware under the metal frame below the three boards that would cause this issue. Or is it a software OS issue phasing out older models? I read an article on that very issue from TCL. If that’s true that’s pretty bad business and the TVs are made in China. Wonder how many back doors these TVs have. 

0 Kudos
MartyLakeWorth
Binge Watcher

Honestly I saw a google video that shows when all the connector boards out there is nothing left but the backlight strips. 
I am not sure if they can replaced? 

0 Kudos