Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annettegar

Re: My Roku 43s517 TCL tv screen flickers and jumps

Same exactbTV, same exact thing happened to us. I saw on another post that the brightness setting on the TV is the issue. I lowered the setting from brighter to bright and IT WORKED!! I hope it's not too late to help you but hopefully can help many others, as this seems to be a consistent problem for a lot of people with this TV

Herman2181
Binge Watcher

Amazing, I tried this and have had the tv on all day long and it hasn't done it! Can't believe I didn't try this before lol. Thank you sooo much for the heads up.

0 Kudos
MartyLakeWorth
Binge Watcher

@Herman2181 wrote:

Amazing, I tried this and have had the tv on all day long and it hasn't done it! Can't believe I didn't try this before lol. Thank you sooo much for the heads up.

Wow glad it worked out for you! I tried that setting and all other settings before and after the total reset! Didn’t work for me! Mine working fine after the main board change 

0 Kudos
MAINMA
Reel Rookie

@Herman2181 Hi - Just curious if you can measure voltage at the outlet.  Is it 120,0V, 115,0V or closer to 110.0V?

0 Kudos
Herman2181
Binge Watcher

@MAINMAhello! I’m sorry I don’t know how to measure voltage 😬

0 Kudos
kikagaro
Reel Rookie

I have the 45S515 and it sounds like its doing the same thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_EbC35IXy8&feature=youtu.be

Started out of no where, adjusting brightness did nothing as well as unplugging all the inputs. Any other suggestions? 

0 Kudos
MAINMA
Reel Rookie

@kikagaro Are you able to use a digital Volt meter to check the voltage at the outlet where you plug in the TV?  Mine (1 of 3) has done this twice and each time I measured the outlet voltage was around 115vac instead of normal 120vac.  It went away once voltage returned to 120vac.  115vac should not be a problem for the TV unless some components are marginal.

kikagaro
Reel Rookie

At this time I can not, but I will keep that in mind. It seemed to go away after an hour of so and after sending in a support ticket to TCL (of course). I'll look into a voltage meter to have on hand if it happens again.

0 Kudos
RoyalT1231
Reel Rookie

I lowered my TV from Brightest to NORMAL fixed the problem...THANKS

0 Kudos
RoyalT1231
Reel Rookie

TV is back to FLICKING and JUMPING

0 Kudos