Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fausfam23
Reel Rookie

Movie plays on Roku Channel but I can't hear the words.

I am trying to watch a movie on the Roku Channel. I can see the picture and I hear the background noises, but you can't hear the people talking. I have unplugged and restarted my Roku and it didn't solve the issue. I've tried other movies on the channel, and they all work. It is just that one movie. I've even tried it on other TVs and computers, same issue.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Movie plays on Roku Channel but I can't hear the words.

Hi @Fausfam23,

Thanks for your post. 

We'd like to look into this further. Could you provide the title of the movie/show? Have you tried to remove and reinstall The Roku Channel and see if it helps? 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Nimfa

Fausfam23
Reel Rookie

We are trying to watch the movie Bunks. I looked and my Roku will not let me remove the Roku Channel, so I can't try that. The movie doesn't work on any of our TVs. I have even tried it on my computer, and it still has the same problem.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I just tried it, too.  That movie is messed up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AvsGunnar

@Fausfam23 

Bunks is also available via Happy Kids Channel  https://channelstore.roku.com/details/8adb4b94cbfb9707301712826b98307c/happykids and seems to play fine there.

If you Search for "Bunks" you should see both the Roku Channel and Happy Kids offerings.  In order to search within Happy Kids channel/app, press the * button for options after launching it and you can then search for content.  Again, just type in "Bunks" from within the Happy Kids channel/app.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Fausfam23
Reel Rookie

I checked the HappyKids channel and could not find the movie. I looked through the search feature and the list of movies. Not sure if I missed it somehow or it's not there.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Fausfam23 

That is weird.  And you are correct, Bunks is no longer showing HappyKids as available under the Search screen, nor is it showing under the HappyKids channel/app Search anymore today.

It is still saved under the HappyKids "Recently Watched" section and I am still able to play it fine, but I did not see it anywhere under the Family Movies or through the various Search menus within the channel/app.  (I normally do not have this channel/app installed but only installed it yesterday to test that the movie played fine.)

Bunks1.png.Bunk2.png

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Fausfam23
Reel Rookie

I have checked to see if the movie was fixed but it is still messing up. I just wanted to see if you are able to fix it on your end. It is the only movie that messes up on me.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fausfam23,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention at Roku Community!

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary