Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oglesby81

Micro-stutter on 4K Content in Netflix

I own a Roku Ultra and a Samsung 4K UHD TV. When I view 4K content on Netflix, there is a micro-stutter in the frame-rate every few minutes. It only happens on Netflix and is very annoying. I've confirmed the video settings on both the Roku and TV. 

Things I've done to troubleshoot:

1) Rebooted Roku 2) Uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix app 3)Turned on auto-detect refresh rate 4) Verified the Roku is detecting 60 FPS, 4K, UHD on my TV.

If anyone has experienced this same issue, could you please let me know how you fixed this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Micro-stutter on 4K Content in Netflix

@oglesby81

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart the Roku device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Same issue with a 4k Sony projector. Netflix stuttering in 4k. My old Roku non-4k boxes work fine but not the new Ultra and only on Netflix. I have bought two Ultras to confirm issue and they both do it. Have not found solution yet!  I really don't want to switch to another brand box, but the stuttering is horribly annoying and I mainly watch Netflix.

Removing and reinstalling the Netflix app doesn't fix it and neither does a factory reset.

0 Kudos