Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmacke00
Reel Rookie

MAX channel will not resume or continue playing an episode in series

Jump to solution

When watching an episode in a series and press Back to series menu or Exit to the Max main page, all progress is lost.

It does not appear in the list to continue playing nor does any of the viewing progress saved when returning to the series page. 

App experience is awful. Constantly have to search and fast forward to find last position in episode.

From the Roku Main Menu, there is no option to Remove Channel. There is only option cancel subscription. When checking for updates, we are using latest version of app.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: MAX channel will not resume or continue playing an episode in series

Jump to solution

Hello @dmacke00 @rocksteady48227 

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with the MAX channel.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Max application will not resume or continue playing an episode in series

Jump to solution

As you have discovered, if this is a premium channel to which you subscribed through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period, it just won't auto-renew. You can resubscribe later if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
dmacke00
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did cancellation and reinstall. Did not resolve the problems. 

All software and Roku is up to date.

Max application sucks. 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

We're seeing lots of complaints about the version Max supplied to run on Roku.  Sounds like they rushed into it before they were "ready for prime time".

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

Jump to solution

HBO Max had the Closer and Major Crimes but now with them changing to just MAX, doesn't show these two shows which was the main reason I got the app, trouble loading and watching anything on the new app. I  will soon be letting it go, not worth the trouble if they won't pay attention and act on their customers respones or complaints.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @dmacke00 @rocksteady48227 

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with the MAX channel.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Toybob

Jump to solution

In the Max tv app go to Settings > Playback > Auto options. There are 2 Autoplay options. Turn them on.  However, Auto options are off because they’re causing buggy issues within the app. 
It’s Sept 18th 2023 and nothing has been fixed. I’m leaving the Autoplay options off. 

0 Kudos