Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old_Crow
Reel Rookie

MYMEDIA no longer supported?

Jump to solution

For the first time in several days I tried to access MYMEDIA.  The response I got was "This channel is no longer available".  Is this correct?  When did this occur and why?  I have used it frequently for years to watch videos served from my computer. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: MYMEDIA no longer supported?

Jump to solution

It looks like a Roku software update doesn't have anything to do with it.  Roku is removing channels that use old components now as they will be removing support for those components completely when version 11.5 is released and those channels would just crash when launched.  I assume this is the Mymedia from the PlayOn people.  They've had years to update it, so I guess they're just not interested.  If it's the MyMedia that I was personally involved with, well that's another story, but the same thing pretty much still applies.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

Just out of curiosity, what software version is displayed under Settings->System->About?

0 Kudos
Old_Crow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Software Version  11.0.0  Build  4193-48

If it makes any difference this is an older 32inch TCL Roku TV

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

It looks like a Roku software update doesn't have anything to do with it.  Roku is removing channels that use old components now as they will be removing support for those components completely when version 11.5 is released and those channels would just crash when launched.  I assume this is the Mymedia from the PlayOn people.  They've had years to update it, so I guess they're just not interested.  If it's the MyMedia that I was personally involved with, well that's another story, but the same thing pretty much still applies.