Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iamadoulos

Low power while using the cord and wall adaptor provided

My roku premier has a low power warning almost everyday. We are using the cord and wall adaptor provided with the roku...what can I do to fix this? 

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Low power while using the cord and wall adaptor provided

About all you can do is try another power source - the TV's USB port or another USB power adapter from a phone or tablet.  While you're at it, try a different USB cable.  I have multiple Roku devices that have this problem and I've never been able to figure out where the problem lies other than they all work when using a high quality bench supply.  That would seem to point to the cheap USB power adapters as being the problem, but I couldn't say for sure.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Kaitlin862
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue, all week every time I turn on my Ryukyu I get an insufficient power warning. I have tried switching the HDMI location, switching which USB port, it’s plugged into, I have tried plugging it into the wall, I have switched which adapter it was using, and everything is showing insufficient power.

I have done a hard reset on my Roku and it doesn’t help. This device is not very old, less than 9 months. My other Roku is working as expected. The previous one I had on this tv lasted more than 5 years. What am I supposed to do with this? 

it’s very frustrating that it looks like I’m not alone and that there isn’t a real resolution. 

mpbham
Reel Rookie

Sooooooo frustrating. And no one to call for real answers. Best Buy where I purchased both my devices (one works fine) is utterly useless. Som should file a class action against theses jerks. 

TheRealStanDaMa
Reel Rookie

Can you really play a tv using usb cord? 

0 Kudos
TheRealStanDaMa
Reel Rookie

Are you talking about plugging in a Roku tv or the device.  We are talking about when the tv is plugged into the wall here, correct.  I don't see how the USB could possibly power the tv. 

0 Kudos
JW137

Attn: Roku Cust. Support

I am having the exact same issue on new Streaming Stick 4K (2023) S/N S0J732A4V39F

I am getting: "USB Low Power" message: despite that it is plugged into the original Roku adapter that came with unit directly into a wall outlet; The adapter is connected to the Roku Streaming Stick USB cable that came with unit;

This is a brand New unit purchased from Amazon last week. I didnt have this problem with a Roku Express, that I worked fine but returned when the price on this one dropped $10 recently. The streaming stick is even on an HDMI extender so heat can't be an issue

Please advise

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you in fixing a low-power issue. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashes, and other unpredictable behavior. Please check here for what to do if the red light is flashing or you see a "low-power" warning. If all else fails, you can try different outlets, adaptors, USB ports, and power cords.

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.