Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadamDerp
Reel Rookie

Low power light flashing and remotes won't work

My Roku started flashing the red light indicating low power supply, which is strange as I have it plugged directly into a wall outlet. Also I cannot seem to get the remote to work on it. I did a factory reset but cannot use the remote to go through the steps of resetting it up. Any help is appreciated 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Low power light flashing and remotes won't work

@MadamDerp 

Which Roku device? The model number should be on the actual device somewhere.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MadamDerp,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot with low power issue: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support
If you are unable to resolve the issue, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MadamDerp
Reel Rookie

The model number is ##100012589 It is an onn. Roku TV. Is a Hisense Roku TV remote compatible with this onn. Roku?

0 Kudos
renojim

So it's a Roku TV?  Not a Roku device connected to a TV?  I don't think a flashing red light on a TV means low power.  It's up to the manufacturer (which isn't Roku) and probably indicates a significant fault.

@Tivoburkeewould know if the remotes are compatible, but my guess would be that they are not.

You may want to contact the manufacturer of the TV.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

The only times I have seen a flashing red light on Roku tv is when its being bombard by IR from another source, remote with stuck button? Remote in a cushion? The offending IR source doesn't have to be a Roku remote, check ALL remotes in the room?

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.