Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU has set the volume way to high on commercials, it should be the same as content volume.

Hi @HALDAK,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Please be noted that Volume modes are supported on select Roku streaming players and Roku TV models and you may be able to adjust manufacturer-specific sound modes.

Here's a link to our support page to find out more about the feature: How to use volume modes on your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
johnomd

Re: ROKU has set the volume way to high on commercials, it should be the same as content volume.

The commercial volume really breaks the channel. I have activated volume leveling, but it's still unbearable. The stupid thing is normally I'd just passively sit and watch the commercials, but it's so bad that I become super-annoyed and  mute them. Now I'm not interacting with the ads AND am significantly less likely to watch your channel. A loss all the way around for you all. You really need to do something about this on your end roku.

HALDAK
Reel Rookie

i am currently preparing to donate my roku tv. this is unbearable. one would think that this would be considered illegal. they are forcing you to watch their commercials at a range og 60 to 90 decibels. i may sound hyperbolic; however, i will be giving this tv away. i will never make a roku purchase again.

h. louis

streaming_fan
Roku Guru

Suggestion: Don't buy a Roku TV

@HALDAK You sound angry and I can understand why.  I have a suggestion.  Next time, don't buy a special TV such as Roku TV.  Just buy an ordinary TV.  Make sure it has several HDMI inputs in the back.  Then you're in control.  Then you can hook up your TV at home to a Roku player, a Firestick, Apple TV, etc.  Whatever you want.  There are several advantages to this strategy.  You can try different ones.  (In my house, I have Roku player and Firestick and I go back and forth.)  Also, if you're not satisfied with the player, just unhook it and return it and buy a different one.  (In my house, I was unsatisfied with Roku Express and upgraded to Roku Premier.)  The players themselves are relatively cheap, so it's not usually a big deal to change players.  Sorry you had this bad experience.  Glad you posted here so maybe others can avoid it.  

0 Kudos
Mrfixit13

Absolutely! Very annoying. Have to mute commercials every time. Usually watch another channel. Its a shame that Roku Corporate does not realize this. Don't they watch their own channel? 

0 Kudos
Mrfixit13

Re: The commercials wake me up every night. Why arent tbey the same volume as the shows I watch?

Do the powers to be really think blasting commercials will make us pay attention? Really? How uniformed they are. I mute the commercials because they are so loud. So whole point of commercials become  a mute point. A waste of advertising dollars as far as I am concerned. I will not buy products that are blasting thru my speakers.  Who do these advertisers think they are trying to force us to listen to their ads by offending my ears? 

0 Kudos