Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
speakingcolors
Reel Rookie

Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Having this issue here too. Started today. As well as 2 dead pixel? They are half dead I assume since sometimes they are dead and others are working just fine. The audio syncing is an issue too, you can clearly see the lips moving before the voice is heard, and about 2-3 words has already been said... it's bad.

Tried playing video games, same deal, even in a simple menu, the sound is heard way after I chose a new menu option...

Tried the usual, rebooted the tv, changed the settings, etc, issue stays present.

TCL Roku 49s425

TV is up to date with the latest OS update, checked just now just in case.

It does this everywhere, all streaming channels does it, my 3 consoles does it (Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox Series X), my rasbperry pi does it too.

Bought the tv in around 2018, so it's still fairly recent. (Maybe very early 2019, not sure but around that time).

And I seen people in this thread, experiencing the same issue since 2019...

What's up?

Dead Pixels? Audio Sync issue?

Not the best way to wake up to know I might need to change TV soon.

11 REPLIES 11
smtips
Streaming Star

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

The big question is, why do they continue to ignore this and not solve it when there is a 20 page thread with tons of people having the same issue? I have officially boycotted Roku and TCL products because of this nonsense, I hope others do also. Their prices are really no longer competitive with other offers on the lower priced brands. I just bought a new TV for a friend and it most certainly wasn't a TCL their prices couldn't compare with the offers being made by others (No I'm not talking Samsung and LG), even on 3-4 year old series 4 and 5 models.

Bottom line, they have a serious issue with sound, they aren't addressing it, eventually this issue will start hitting popular podcasts and blogs and they will start taking a big hit on new customers buying their **bleep**. The return rates will start getting higher. Then they may hire someone to solve the issues.

GuitarMan
Roku Guru

@smtips wrote:

The big question is, why do they continue to ignore this and not solve it when there is a 20 page thread with tons of people having the same issue? I have officially boycotted Roku and TCL products because of this nonsense, I hope others do also. Their prices are really no longer competitive with other offers on the lower priced brands. I just bought a new TV for a friend and it most certainly wasn't a TCL their prices couldn't compare with the offers being made by others (No I'm not talking Samsung and LG), even on 3-4 year old series 4 and 5 models.

Bottom line, they have a serious issue with sound, they aren't addressing it, eventually this issue will start hitting popular podcasts and blogs and they will start taking a big hit on new customers buying their **bleep**. The return rates will start getting higher. They they may hire someone to solve the issues.

The TCL rep assigned to my case (issues with TCL soundbar AND issues with audio sync on several TCL TVs) has told me that they are aware of the problem and are working with Roku to fix it.  Honestly, I'm not holding my breath... They have been able to reproduce the issues I've reported with the soundbar and all they've done is send me 3 replacements, all of which have had the same problems.  And they are aware of the audio sync issues but this thread is what, a year old or so? 

Very disappointing.  Like I've mentioned, I just bought the 65R635 TV so I don't plan on buying another TV for a long time but the next TV I buy will likely not be a TCL or have anything to do with Roku.

AlisonR
Binge Watcher

I have two TCL Roku TV’s. One is older. It seems to work, lip sync not a problem. It is this newer 4K 65 inch one that is constantly and I mean constantly requiring a restart (within 15 minutes the sync issues start) get bad. My good experience with the smaller tv and older one, that is in my daughter’s room, that had me buy another, but never again! 

0 Kudos
AlisonR
Binge Watcher

Are you back? I tried everything and what you have tried did not help. 

0 Kudos
smtips
Streaming Star

Not a surprise. The only thing left (temporary short lived solution) is to reset entirely with the button on the TV if you haven't already done that. It's below the ethernet port on the back.

If you have tried it, there's no other solution offered but to get your money back if you still can, or deal with TCL's support if it is still under warranty. 

0 Kudos
Dennis45
Binge Watcher

We've hashed this over for more then 2 years, here and elsewhere with ZERO accountability. Right now TCL is going back and forth with both Roku and android TV's If they had the confidence in the Roku OS why the switch? They know fully well that there are thousands of us experiencing the same issue and you can have all the techs in the world tell you "We're aware and working on it" That's a BS!

It only took 27 months to make and detonate the first atom bomb!  

It took 3 days for Neil Armstrong to reach the Moon!

I could go on forever about how science and engineering has exceeded our thoughts and boundaries. Is TCL ever going to fix this? I going with No they're not! A problem and issue this big cannot only be a software issue it has to be something that will necessitate the refund of millions if not billions of dollars to those of us that had faith in a company that is driven by profit and not customer satisfaction or loyalty. 

Nothing short of a class action suit will achieve what's necessary and most of us already know how long and how little that'll produce for us....Only lawyers will make money, if successful we'll get a check for $15 in the mail. I've been down that road and it took 5 years to get $8 from a class action against At&t. 

speakingcolors
Reel Rookie

To be honest, they could simply add a delay option on the audio track and we could at least sync it up ourselves to whatever we want and that would be something to play with. Not so hard to do, a simple menu option while the audio track is playing in relation to the audio, a simple code specifying what each MS does and how much it should move it when 1ms move left or right in the track.. 

About the dead pixels I mentionned earlier, I used the jscreen fix and no more dead pixel, it's been a while now and it's all good. It's a simple 4-5am on old cable tv snow screen... Why don't they have one inside the TV? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm surprised at the so little efforts they do. 

0 Kudos
AlisonR
Binge Watcher

Ok folks. I put in a firestick and use the TCL remote to select firestick, which I’ve set up with all my apps etc. Then your TCL remote doesn’t work, so you have to remember to use the firestick remote. I’ve gone back and forth and there is definitely an improvement with lip sync using the firestick that you install in the back. This helps a lot. It’s $50 but worth it. It isn’t perfect but it doesn’t drift to like a full second delay of visual from audio like it does with no firestick installed. If anyone does this, let me know if it helped you. 

0 Kudos
vaseili

This issue just started last night.  I lips and voice are not in sync.  It is like watching a dubbed-in foreign movie   Very upsetting

0 Kudos