Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Like everyone else it seems- I randomly lose all sound, except for system sounds.

If I don't watch this TV every day, the Roku seems to drop sound completely.  The Yamaha soundbar shows that it's working and the Samsung TV speaker shows that it's working.  After turning power off and on, unplugging everything several times and much cursing and screaming...it randomly starts up again.  All of this equipment is less than 1 year old.  Absolute bull**bleep**.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Like everyone else it seems- I randomly lose all sound, except for system sounds.

@CuriousWonTon 

Not everyone. I've not experienced any such issue.

Perhaps your Roku device is going to sleep. Some Roku devices have a setting under Settings > Power that allow you to let it go to sleep. This could be happening. Remember, the power button on a Roku device doesn't control the Roku device. Roku itself doesn't power off and on, but will go to sleep if those new power settings (if they're on your model) tell it to. The power button is for the TV, as are the volume buttons on the Roku remote.

Check and see if the power settings exist, and if they're set to have it go to sleep.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos