Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

@ev00rams 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Vimeo directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Vimeo channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://vimeo.com/help/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ev00rams
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny.  YouTube seems fixed.  Vimeo still times out.  So I will see what they think on the Vimeo end.  Thank you.

Missduncan

Hello, how did you get if fixed because mines is doing the same thing? It only plays Netflix without stopping and going back to the home menu. It literally does it after 5 minutes of playing. I have tried multiple apps on my Roku and its doing it on all of them. I followed what you stated and reinstalled and restarted but nothing changes. Its not a app problem, its a roku problem. Its happening with using the app from my phone.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Missduncan 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How is the device being powered? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? What specific channels is this issue happening?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

It will go back to the Roku Home Screen from any channel

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Chandler1942 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How is the device being powered? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rudyb

My ROKU was returning to the home screen after 3 minutes on any channel.

I had recently disconnected and reconnected the HDMI cable.

I re-seated the HDMI again and the problem was gone.

It seems that the HDMI connection on a ROKU is very touchy both at the ROKU and TV.

So.. if there is any strange problem with a ROKU try re-seating the HDMI cable with a firm push.

A TV on a swivel  mount can loosen the HDMI cable after a while.

Jamaica
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same problem. Anytime I switch to a different streaming channel it freezes and then reboots, that or it buffers forever. Wondering if I have a lemon? I'm using the ultra Roku model 4800

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jamaica 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device powered by the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jamaica
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

It is powered by a power strip that is plugged into a wall outlet.

0 Kudos