Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Hi, @Fixtv

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We'll need additional information on this. Kindly provide the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on what channel/s? If so, what channel/s and what version/build are the channel/s? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

We look forward to your response for us to investigate this issue further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

With respect, Roku 32 inch. .serial number and everything else you asked 

Well roku channel everything it offers. Everything on pay channels like Prime Vedios, Tubi, Netflix. 

Yes I have deleted app and re-download all the apps   3 times or more each. Going through there whole set up again.

Yes I have Rebooted my Modem several times,  including I insisted there was a problem so spectrum replaced it..  unplugged tv and replaced in to many times . Spectrum said I may want to consider not buying a Roku again. They have been hearing a lot of problems as this. 

Now with respect, your recommendation   no I do not still have my proof of sale.  So please Roku how do myself and thousands of others fix your television problems. With respect .

Sincerely 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, @Fixtv.

It seems that this issue may need an in-depth investigation. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
marlingc

This worked for us, thanks for the precise instructions!

0 Kudos
fyath1
Reel Rookie

An update, got new modem and wifi router, didn't help.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple apps.  It is also buffering and freezing up as well.  Needs a software update or go back to previous version that didn't have the issue

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @fyath1.

In this case, we highly recommend removing all of the apps or channels that you don't stream as often.

If this doesn't make any difference, we could try one more step, and with your permission, we can perform a hard reset on your Philips Roku TV. Please be informed that resetting your TV will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions. Also, before doing this step, ensure you know your network connection's name and password.

Let us know if this helps and then we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your update! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Re: Keeps going back to home screen/ Spectrum tv app

I have been dealing w this for awhile. After rebooting unplugging MANY times etc......it seems the issue is the Spectrum app. I notice that when I am using a different app problem is not there. Case in point, my g/f  has the same Roku 4k device I have and Spectrum app on a small tv. Does the same thing. On her new tv that has the app already loaded this problem is not there.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keeps going back to home screen/ Spectrum tv app

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @scott205!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. No worries! We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Is rebooting and unplugging the only troubleshooting you have tried? If so, we also recommend performing these steps precisely to see if it will make any difference.

• Remove app: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  • Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  • Re-install the app: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

Otherwise, if the issue persists, you can directly contact their Customer Support for further clarification and assistance. 

You can also directly contact their phone line at 833 949 0036 or 855 860 9068.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Thank you to everyone who has responded. 

With respect I am about to give up and throw this Roku television into the trash. Everyone trash to help except the manufacturer.  My opinion. 

I have followed most everyone suggested helps. Perhaps I am just Dumb!! No don't think so. JUST SAD.

No I do not have the receipt ,I got a good idea send a bill to Roku for all the Hours,  Hours spent trying to solve manufacturers problem. Humm no time to give up 

Much thanks to everyone who was kind to help. God bless you I pray a very Merry Christmas.  Sincerely 

0 Kudos
plutoaddict
Binge Watcher

We are having this same problem, just started today. A video on any streaming app (Paramount, Pluto, Amazon, YouTube, etc) will play for a few moments then exit to the home screen. Resetting the device and/or the modem does not fix the problem.

Roku Ultra 4660X on a wired LAN connection, software version 12.5.0 build 4178-46.

0 Kudos