Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

I’m having the same issue watching All4. Have tried the remove restart and reinstall app thing and still doing it. So frustrating 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @EmSheffield

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on All4 or to all channels installed on your Roku device? If it's just on one channel and removing then re-installing it didn't resolve the issue, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JackieP1

Model # 3900x- roku express

serial number- yg00ca745792

0 Kudos
Lelsunshin
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issue on 2 different Roku devices- the premium and 4k ultra.  It’s becoming that we can’t watch anything that we are paying for. We have done everything suggested- restart-uninstall etc. when is this going to be fixed.  We are also now getting this channel can't be viewed - which is new starting today.  (This is for HBOmax, prime and Disney) 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Lelsunshin there's several different versions of the Premiere (not premium) and at least 5 different Ultra models. What are the model numbers of your players? 

I have one version of the Premiere (3920) and three different Ultra (4640, 4670, 4800), and none exhibit this issue. Just trying to pin down if it might be model specific. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Lelsunshin
Reel Rookie

Thank you!   My mistake. We have a Roku Ultra 4660X.   And Roku premiere 3920x.   Does that help?  Both say they are connected to the internet.  Both are updated.  Hulu and prime apps are the worse it seems.  Prime won’t even play- and Hulu goes back to the Home Screen every 43-47 mins.   Any thoughts would great- this is getting frustrating.  It just starters on the Ultra yesterday.  But the premiere for about 3 weeks. (That one started by not loading the guides.  ). 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

OK, thanks for that. The 4660 is the one Ultra I don't have. I'm watching my Ultra 4670 right now, and Prime is working for me. I don't use Hulu, so can't test that. 

Now, this Ultra is still on Roku OS 10.0, while my Ultra 4800 and Premiere 3920 are both on 10.5. But all three seem to be working fine. I'll let Prime play for a while, since I'm just sitting here waiting to see if any trick-or-treaters show up. 🙂

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JackieP1 @Lelsunshin

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
1stnlast
Channel Surfer

I have the same issues including it changing to other channels, turning off, turning on in the middle of the night, the sound going to headphone mute or just going up or down even to full blast 100 when I am at work.  My roomates love it.  I have the TCL roku TV smart streaming TV this has gotten worse with time and is now almost unmanageable.  My tv is maybe two years old.  It's the worst TV I have ever bought.  I have reset, factory reset, unplugged and turned on and off.  If it going to channels or outputs I remove them and it picks a new choice to victimize me with.  Nothing beat watching a good movie and being unable to finish the last 15 minutes for the rest of the day until the retard tv hopefully works the next day or hours later.  I have looked up all over online and nothing works.  Roku and TCL are criminals.  They should go into the electric recliner business to help the elderly out of their chairs so a few can get thrown across the room to their end.  It would definitely take a few and then maybe someone at the company after enough attention would man or woman up and give a **bleep** and do something about it.  

Sincerely Your first time and LAST TIME customer,

0 Kudos
1stnlast
Channel Surfer

Oh I forgot I read about the randomly dimming though the brightness and picture settings haven't changing looking again for answers online and it does that too.

0 Kudos