Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gramma21
Binge Watcher

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

I'm having this problem too. It won't interrupt if we're watching a movie, but if we set it on pause or the movie ends and we leave it on the channel, after about 15-20 minutes it will go back to the home screen. It didn't used to do it. We have 3 Rokus. When we press pause, it would stay paused until we returned - even a day later. But then one of our Rokus started going back to the home screen several months ago (model 3600RW). We couldn't figure out why - we hadn't changed anything. It's extremely annoying because to get back to the movie we were watching, we not only have to reload the channel but depending on which channel, we might even have to find the movie again AND go find how far we'd gotten into the movie. About a month later, our second Roku started doing this too (model 3910RW). And a few weeks later, our third caved into the peer pressure (another 3600RW). If someone can please help us solve this, we'd REALLY appreciate this.

Thanks!

Tina

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gramma21 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Is this issue happening on a specific channel?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gramma21
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Gramma21 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Is this issue happening on a specific channel?

Thanks,
Danny

All channels, every Roku!

Thanks for responding!

Tina

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know, @Gramma21.

Please send me a private message here so that we can look into this. We'll need some information from you.

Please try to trigger the behavior on your Roku device. Once the device exits back to the Home Screen, please get an Issue ID from your device. This places a bookmark for our engineering team to investigate.

To generate an Issue ID, on your Roku remote, press Home button 5x, then Back button (next to Home) 5x in quick succession. 

Please send us a private message:

• Link to this thread.
  • Include a brief description of what you're seeing and the channel and content title in use.
  • Information from the Issue report tracker dialog box (or the photo of the box below)
    • Issue ID
    • Software version and build
    • Serial number

We'll file a report with our engineering team for review.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Austin

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Gramma21
Binge Watcher

Thank you! Will send it as soon as I can catch it. We don't usually just sit there for 15+ minutes with no TV going! 🙂

How do I send you a private message?

Tina

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Gramma21 wrote:

Click on his name and it will take you to his profile.  Somewhere on that page is a link to send him a private message.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Gramma21
Binge Watcher

@renojim wrote:

@Gramma21 wrote:

Click on his name and it will take you to his profile.  Somewhere on that page is a link to send him a private message.

Thank you!!

Tina

0 Kudos
Chrisite

Please help I have read and tried everything suggested in making it stop going back to Home Screen but this is getting very aggravating and frustrating trying to watch anything

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Chrisite

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kathleenH89
Reel Rookie

so I have the basic roku not premium not the stick the regular, plain, nothing fancy roku system and mine keeps backing out of almost every app I have! youtube, netflix, disney plus. it'll play a show for maybe 3 mins then go right back to home screen smh. how do we resolve this issue I've already restarted the roku and may factory reset it at this point to see if that will help 

0 Kudos