Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lainsurance309
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Good morning,

I am having the same issue, where it goes back to the shows menu screen after 3-5 min, not even.

The only thing I've had work is Netflix, and I'm assuming Youtube works too. 

The model number is 3930RW-Roku Express, software 9.4 build 4200 ae, 

I am thinking I may have to do a factory reset?

I tried unplugging both the cords and turning off bandwidth saver, the same problem persists.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Vee23

My Apps keep sending me back to the home screen as well and I did a factory reset and still the same thing. I just bought my Roku Express+ yesterday....is it something wrong with the box? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Vee23 wrote:

My Apps keep sending me back to the home screen as well and I did a factory reset and still the same thing. I just bought my Roku Express+ yesterday....is it something wrong with the box? 

If it's happening with an brand new player, I suspect there's an issue with it. It can happen. I suggest taking it back for a replacement. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@lainsurance309 @Vee23 

Thanks for the posts.

Is this issue happening on a specific channel or on all channels? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lainsurance309
Reel Rookie

This problem is happening on all channels that I use, except Netflix.

The device is plugged into the tv, not a wall outlet.

Thank you

-LA 309 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@lainsurance309 

Thanks for the update.

Have you tried powering the Roku device into a wall outlet? We always recommend powering the Roku device through the adapter as sometimes the TV USB port does not provide adequate power to the Roku device.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem, with one channel. Following your advice, I went to the channel tile, hit the * key on my remote, BUT, there is NOT the option listed to "Remove Channel"!! What now?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@blackbird529 wrote:

I am having the same problem, with one channel. Following your advice, I went to the channel tile, hit the * key on my remote, BUT, there is NOT the option listed to "Remove Channel"!! What now?

Which channel is that? I believe that if you subscribe to a channel through Roku it can't be removed without removing the subscription. That's only a theory, as I don't have any subscriptions through Roku. Mine are all directly with the provider, and they all have the remove option.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Ccful

I was Having the same issue. I did a factory reset on mine and so far it’s been working fine. 

0 Kudos
lainsurance309
Reel Rookie

After seeing this, I did a factory reset, and the same problem persists.

If there is anything else I could possibly do to fix this please let me know.

At this point the only thing I can watch is Netflix, anything else always goes back to the home screen after a minute or 2.

Thank you

0 Kudos