Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natasha616

Keeps going back to home screen

My Roku keeps going to the home screen on multiple apps. Youtube first and now Disney Kids. I reset the roll and the apps. Not sure if it’s all apps I just tried two so far. After about 5 minutes, it goes to the homescreen. 

91 REPLIES 91
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

@Natasha616 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information? What model Roku device are you using? Are there specific channels that you are having this issue with? 

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? If the issue is still not resolved, we would recommend removing the channels and then trying to perform a factory rest on your device. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Danibacelar
Reel Rookie

Minha TV roku 43 está voltando ao menu inicial sempre que eu tenho conectar a TV aberta, ele fica uns instantes e depois retorna automaticamente, já desinstalei a TV aberta, já retornei à configuração de fábrica mas não consigo ver TV aberta.

0 Kudos
ev00rams
Channel Surfer

This reverting back to the home screen is happening to me too.  I've tried the remove and reinstall.  Also set Roku to time out after two hours of inactivity.  But the go back to home screen happens after five minutes on both Vimeo and YouTube even if I run the video back and forth with the remote during that first five minutes.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@ev00rams wrote:

This reverting back to the home screen is happening to me too.  I've tried the remove and reinstall.  Also set Roku to time out after two hours of inactivity.  But the go back to home screen happens after five minutes on both Vimeo and YouTube even if I run the video back and forth with the remote during that first five minutes.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

First, what model Roku device? Model number, not just the name please. I don't know what you set to two hours, but Roku doesn't have an inactivity timer. It does have a Bandwidth Saver function, but that is fixed at four hours and can't be changed. 

I've been watching YouTube on my Ultra 4670 for the last few hours, with most of the videos lasting 20 minutes or longer. No problems noted. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ev00rams
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
atc98092

@ev00rams wrote:

Hi Dan.  It's a Roku Express HD Streaming Media Player 2019

OK, great, thanks. When you removed YouTube, did you reboot your Express before adding it back in? If not, the removal wasn't complete and corrupted code could still remain. 

Dan

0 Kudos
ev00rams
Channel Surfer

Good catch.  Not sure so I repeated the whole process over again.  Running a video on Vimeo right now and hoping the reboot was what was needed.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
ev00rams
Channel Surfer

Spoke to soon.  Still backs out of the video but this time goes back to Vimeo menu screen instead of all the way back to the Home screen.  The option "go to channel" doesn't go back to the point where video was running.  Have to hunt and find it again and fast forward. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

@ev00rams wrote:

Spoke to soon.  Still backs out of the video but this time goes back to Vimeo menu screen instead of all the way back to the Home screen.  The option "go to channel" doesn't go back to the point where video was running.  Have to hunt and find it again and fast forward. 

Bummer. I have never used Vimeo, so no idea if there's any settings within the channel itself.

Dan

0 Kudos