Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allsmiles277
Channel Surfer

Re: Insufficient power message when plugged into wall outlet

So far it has fixed my problem but I don't think it will be a permanent fix. Usually usb ports on tvs for the most part are lower power than receptacles. I am not sure why my adapter that came with my Roku would not be working well in a receptacle but I have had issues before and also had issues with usb ports on tvs.

0 Kudos
stopit
Binge Watcher

The poster SPECIFICALLY SAID the unit is plugged into a wall outlet, NOT the USB port. This is happening to me, also. Please do not reply with stock answers that demonstrate you haven't even read the actual post or understood the actual problem.

0 Kudos
stopit
Binge Watcher

It's plugged into a wall outlet, not the USB port on a TV.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @stopit

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
allsmiles277
Channel Surfer

Back home now and had to plug into wall outlet since the usb port on tv was registering low power. It is really strange how one works in some areas and just the opposite works when I get back home.

0 Kudos
Ph9

@RokuKariza-D - I’m having the same issue of “insufficient power” when plugged into the wall with original cord and adapter. SN: CT37D7670442

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ph9,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Mscordos

I have roku express 4k+ my serial number is S07P428G19D5. Can you help me please?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Mscordos

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us first about the exact issue you're experiencing? Have you tried any troubleshooting? 

You can check this link for more suggested solutions: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos