Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Insufficient Power 2022

Jump to solution

@RealCarlAllen

Thanks for the post.

Can please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RealCarlAllen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Powered via the adapter provided by Roku, plugged in a wall outlet.

Model: 3900RW Roku Express

Serial: YG00GS173929

Software: 10.5.0 build 4208-51

Device ID: C4395G173929

Doesn't show "insufficient power" when I unplug-replug about 20% of the time (which is the only reason I was able to reach this screen). 

Of that 20%, if I try to connect to WiFi, it gives me the same error.

0 Kudos
RealCarlAllen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Quick update:

I replaced my non-functional Roku mentioned above with a different one (I have 4 in the house) on the same TV and it connected, works seamlessly.

Since I have a fully functional one, non-functional one (and know it's not the WiFi, TV, or outlet)

I considered troubleshooting each part (adapter, cord, Roku) in various configurations to see if I could pinpoint the problematic part(s) but haven't had the time.

Let me know if that would be helpful

0 Kudos
St48

Insufficient Power Roku premier

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I’ve tried the posted solutions and still nothing. I am unable to access the menu to get the serial number. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Insufficient Power Roku premier

Jump to solution

@St48  the serial number is written on your device 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RealCarlAllen

Thanks for the response.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RLCOOK

Jump to solution

Same problem, please help

[personal information removed]

Model 3920x

SN: JF304D592806

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RLCOOK,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? 

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot with low power issue: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support

Note: Never post any personally identifiable, private, or sensitive information publicly, including passwords, email address or payment information. Community content is visible to all Community members.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RealCarlAllen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still haven't heard from anyone. It must be an issue with the Roku itself because all the others in my home work fine

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RealCarlAllen,

Thanks for following up.

I can see that our Support team tried to reach you via email. Please check your email from our Support team, they will be assisting you regarding your low power issue.

Keep us posted if you still need help.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos