Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhornung
Reel Rookie

Re: Insufficient Power error msg

Jump to solution

It too have the low power issue.  Plugged into the wall using the roku power adaptor and USB cable.

Sn k4303a829400

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @mhornung

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

We appreciate your time and patience. Have a good day!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TS-STL

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, @RokuKariza-D @RokuDanny-R 

I am helping my parents with their Roku Premiere (3920X) SN: K42077470863 and it was working fine for months and now goes into an endless loop of showing an Insufficient Power warning (no red light, but the unit is inoperable).

I have tried hard reset, changing the USB adapter, changing the cord, changing the outlet and nothing works.  Given the number of other folks reporting the same issue, it seems like there is a larger issue here.

Not sure how to PM you, but I am only in town for a few days and would like to get a replacement unit shipped asap so I can help get it set up.  Can you please let me know how this works?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @TS-STL

Thanks for the post.

I have escalated your information and concern to our Support team. I suggest keeping an eye on your email since they'll be further assisting you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
disgruntled123
Reel Rookie

Re: Insufficient Power. Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm experiencing the same issue, out of the b

Jump to solution

Re: Insufficient Power. Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm experiencing the same issue, out of the b

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @disgruntled123,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into.

Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Greygirl

Insufficient Power and can’t fix

Jump to solution

I have read everything below and done all that and it is still not working. It was 6 hours ago. So do I go buy a Firestick now?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Insufficient Power and can’t fix

Jump to solution

Hi @Greygirl,

We appreciate you for posting regarding your insufficient power.

How are you powering the device? Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
LaurieL
Channel Surfer

Re: Insufficient Power and can’t fix

Jump to solution

Update: Someone did get in contact with me from Roku. I sent them my Roku and they sent me a replacement. 

0 Kudos
disgruntled123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuMary-F ,

Thanks for your reply.   My responses to your questions:

There is not a light showing on my device (as far as I know, there has never been a light.   It's a Roku Premier, bought in 2020).

I'm powering the device using the USB cable provided.  It's plugged directly into a wall outlet, not the TV.

I have tried using another HDMI port, but the problem persists.

I only have the one TV, so trying on another isn't an option.

Thanks,
Mike

0 Kudos