Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Insufficient Power

Jump to solution

@tedroberts

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LaurieL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No one’s been in touch with me!!! 

0 Kudos
dlewis39
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had this problem for over a week now. I have been using the cable and power adaptor provided with Roku since first use. It just randomly popped up this message and will not let me use it. I tried 2 other cables and a different power adaptor with no luck.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @dlewis39

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of your affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the device itself.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dlewis39
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

YH007P082149

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, @dlewis39

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rel2099
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My power cable is not long enough to plug into the wall outlet - it's plugged into a surge protector, which is plugged into the wall outlet.  Is this what is causing the Insufficient Power message?  Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation other than moving the whole wall unit closer?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @rel2099

Thanks for the post.

Roku recommends connecting the power adaptor directly to a working wall outlet – therefore, we suggest giving that a shot.

If the issue persists, reply here with your Roku device serial number which can be located at the back or underneath the player itself. 

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I see a "low-power" warning?

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Sharond221

Jump to solution

I constantly have the same problem or no signal. Its the original cord plugged into wall, i reboot, i check for updates when i can even get yo Home Screen. Mostly cannot eatch tv in this room because it has toku. Is it the hdmi port? Cord? Usb cord? Roky devise? Power cord bad? Should I toss everything? Cant use it and its very irritating when this happens every time. The whole shebang about 3 yrs old.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Sharond221

We're here to help!

Please reply here with your Roku device serial number. You can check my post above to know where it can be located. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos