Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrober1800

Insufficient Power Message when using wall outlet

I have a Roku Express 4K+ that has been working fine but this evening I started getting an “Insufficient Power” message. The device is plugged into a wall outlet with the original cord and adapter and I have followed the troubleshooting steps. The SN is SOHCK358PWKD. Pleas help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Insufficient Power Message when using wall outlet

Hi @Mrober1800,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are receiving a message of "Insufficient power" on your Roku device.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot power issues: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I see a "low-power" warning? | Official Roku Suppor...

1. Verify that you are using the USB cable that came with your Roku player
    • If you are using any USB cable other the one that came with your Roku player, replace it with the one that came with your Roku player.
  2. Try a different USB Port
    • Some USB ports have different power characteristics. Connecting your Roku player or Roku Streaming Stick to a different USB port on your TV may resolve the issue.
  3. Connect power to power-outlet
    • Using the included power cord and power adapter*, connect the Roku player or Roku Streaming Stick to a working power outlet in the wall.
    • Connecting to a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

If you are still having any low power issues after following these steps, please keep us posted, and we'll continue to assist you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos