Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adem12
Reel Rookie

I’m having issues with my tv screen. Last night it went black.

My Roku TCL 50” tv screen went black last night but for some reason I can still see every thing. It’s like if it were stuck in saving mode or some thing. 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I’m having issues with my tv screen. Last night it went black.

@Adem12 

Some TVs -- I don't have a TCL TV, so I don't know if your brand/model does -- have multiple display modes. Some TVs I've had include Vivid, Theater, Sports, and so on. The setting, often a toggle on a button, but sometimes a menu setting, can affect the brightness of the device.

Likewise, buttons on some devices -- again, don't know if this applied to your TV -- have brightness buttons, or possibly even display mode buttons, on the physical device itself. Sometimes on the side, sometimes underneath. If underneath, be careful unless you're sure what the button is.

By the way, if you do a restart -- not the same thing as turning it off and back on, oddly enough -- does it fix it? Settings > System > Power > Restart (or something similar; again, I don't have a Roku TV, but the process is something like that).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Vakko
Roku Guru

@Adem12  How old is the TV? Unplug it for at least 5 minutes. Plug it back in. If the screen is still black then you need a new TV. Reach out to TCL since they manufactured your TV. 

Adem12
Reel Rookie

It’s not even a year old. I can still see every thing,  ut it’s like not completely black. I bought it on Walmart last year. 

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@Adem12  Your TV is under warranty for 12 months from date of purchase. You need to contact TCL since they are the manufacture of your TV. Did you try unplugging it for 5 minutes? You can also try a factory reset. 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

Adem12
Reel Rookie

I’ve sadly tried every step possible and nothing works. How could I contact TCL? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Adem12 wrote:

I’ve sadly tried every step possible and nothing works. How could I contact TCL? 

This page is a good place to start: Where to get support for your Roku TV.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Strega
Roku Guru

If they don't give contact options in the user's guide, then their website would be my next choice.

https://www.tcl.com/us/en

https://support.tcl.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please%20enter%20your%20question

Vakko
Roku Guru

@Adem12  Everything you need to contact TCL is right on the website including phone numbers.

Capture.PNG

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Roku never made the RokuTV sets themselves at all.  Several TV brands were licensed to make the sets.  TCL was the first company to make the sets.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos