Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pyle3
Reel Rookie

How to show NAS connected to home network

Jump to solution

We recently (Feb 2, 2023) bought a TCL 55S555 ROKU telly. Per TCL, I need to connect our Western Digital EX4100 NAS to the telly via the USB port in order for it to be seen. That's a trick as the NAS is on the first level and the TCL is on the second. Both the TCL and the NAS are connected to our home network via Ethernet Cat 6 cable. We have an 802.11ac wireless network as well that can be seen by our computers.

Is there any way to get the TCL Roku to see the NAS? We have a number of media files stored on it and would rather not have to connect a computer to the TCL to view them.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to show NAS connected to home network

Jump to solution

@Pyle3, have you tried starting Roku Media Player and seeing if your NAS shows up?  Your NAS needs to run some kind of DLNA server which most do.  There's other channels/apps (like Plex) that you may also be able to use.  You wouldn't connect a NAS to the TV's USB port.  The whole point of a NAS is the N😀

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Pyle3

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

Here is the contact information for TCL support: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or via phone 1-877-300-8837

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Pyle3, have you tried starting Roku Media Player and seeing if your NAS shows up?  Your NAS needs to run some kind of DLNA server which most do.  There's other channels/apps (like Plex) that you may also be able to use.  You wouldn't connect a NAS to the TV's USB port.  The whole point of a NAS is the N😀

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Pyle3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, that's a fine how do you do. An application is needed to play media that is not included in the basic software. How mictosoft. I'll try to load that channel.

Thank you.

0 Kudos