Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jon_in_pdx
Reel Rookie

How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Hey Mary - so, yes, that does solve the problem. But this has now happened to me 3 times tonight - and never before. If this to be expected?!?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Smokey1957

Re: How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Having the same problem on my two Roku devices. 
You have never explained why this is happening in the first place.

Seems to be an internal defect in Roku devices to which they do not want to admit!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Smokey1957,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing by providing the details I requested in my previous post above? In addition, are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup?

We also recommend starting to troubleshoot audio issues: What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
LthrFog

This fix works, but why is it a perpetual problem? Is there a plan to remedy it? Should I just buy a Chrome device?

$80 bucks on sale shouldn’t be doing this.

— Mike

0 Kudos
Blanders91
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. I'm losing sound daily on my Roku Ultra (purchased in November 2022). I have to keep resetting the device.

Pt8648
Reel Rookie

Did everything mentioned a few times. Only a temporary fix. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you connecting your Roku device to your TV? Do you have any external audio products connected in your home setup? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

The unplug and plug maneuver works, but it's a bit awkward when you have 10 people over for movie night. Quite frankly it makes Roku look bad! I have restarted my Roku via the menu which also works (and is a little less awkward), but I don't like having to apologize for a major corporation. Is there a sofware fix in the near future?

Miklmor

The Roku is connected to a Denon AVR via a .7m HDMI cable. It typically happens after everything is turned  on at the same time. Rebooting the Roku fixes the issue until the next time everything powers on at the same time.  

0 Kudos
Blanders91
Reel Rookie

My roku is directly wired to the internet, not Wi-Fi. We have high speed internet and never had this issue with older Roku boxes or other streaming devices. It happens mostly when we pause the tv and then go to resume watching. The video plays and we can hear the beeps from the roku remote but any audio from any channel get lost. There is no external speaker, standard/brand new Sony Bravia Tv.

0 Kudos