Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tjelect

Re: How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Jump to solution

I have tried all above solutions. I have unplugged the device, checked audio settings, changed the hdmi input and the cable and factory reset the device but still do not get sound from it. TV works without issue so it’s just the roku that’s the problem

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tjelect,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for reaching us.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. What channel are you watching when this occurs? How long has the issue been occurring? What Roku model device are you using? 

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
teppia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What if we can hear sound through headphones plugged into the remote, but not directly from the TV?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@teppia

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? 

Please be aware that when utilizing the private listening function with Roku remotes, the audio output from the TV will be disabled.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Corygw
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a roku ultra about a year old or so and we have been having problems with the sound. We have tried restarting, unplugging, powering down, changing cable, changing inputs, setting to stereo. We can usually get it to work eventually, sometimes it starts working after a couple of tries but can take up to an hour. It is very random when it will start to work. It never works when you first turn it on. We are extremely frustrated and ready to smash it and try a different company. If you have any suggestions to repair this and maybe help improve the roku name we would greatly appreciate it. We don't want to spend the extra money right now, on a new device. Especially since we spent the extra on the roku ultra. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Corygw, do you have another TV you can try it on?  Also, try disabling "power saving" under Settings->System->Power.  It seems to wreak havoc with some TVs and is more trouble than it's worth.  Sometimes unplugging the power from the TV for a minute or so and plugging it back in can fix HDMI issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Corygw
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I do not have another TV. 

Power savings is disabled. 

0 Kudos
Corygw
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have unplugged the TV. Sometimes that works sometimes it doesn't. Just like every other fix, sometimes they work sometimes ithey don't. We have to mess with ot at least 90% of the times we turn it on. Everything else works 100% of the time. We have never had a problem with the picture only the sound. 

0 Kudos
Weisport4

Jump to solution

Settings> Audio> Digital output format > Stereo.

Fixed it for a while.  I'll have to see if the sound issue reappears.  So far it's better for me.  There was a post early on in this message about this and it may have fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
Shellsmp

Jump to solution

Mu soundbar quit working mid show. We've reset, unplugged not sure what else to do, I've only had it 5 months. 

0 Kudos