Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbgva
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Jump to solution

I, fortunately, fall into the first group.  I routinely reset my Roku from its menu.  I'm getting so good at it that it only takes about 30-45 seconds for me to be in business.   But, what I'm wondering is whether this is a problem exclusive to Roku.   That could influence my next TV purchase if the answer is to simply find a TV with another service built in.  

0 Kudos
VG42

Jump to solution

I have followed all the steps suggested, the sound still isn't working.  I even did a factory reset on the Roku device and it didn't work.  I would like to know why I still have no sound.  This is very frustrating when all I get for answers is the same steps that I have already tried.  My Roku device is only 8 months old and is a Roku LE.  My remote doesn't have the power button or the little reset button in the battery compartment.

0 Kudos
VG42

Re: No sound after unplugging the device and replugging it

Jump to solution

I have tried unplugging the device and plugging it back in several times and I am still getting no sound.  Any more suggestions for me?

0 Kudos
Skiboy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As mentioned previously I also went through all the steps, (although I did not do a factory reset), with no success. Then, next day, everything was working normally. All settings, cables and ports were in original positions. I have no clue as to what happened.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The button usually in the battery compartment of the remote that you call “the reset button” is actually the remote pairing button.  Also standard IR Simple Remotes for stand-alone Roku devices do not have TV button controls.  Only RokuTV remotes and Voice Remotes do.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
mbgva
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm kind of reaching here, but if you also have a cable box, I'd try turning off the cable box and then rebooting the Roku to see if it then works.   With my ongoing need to reboot my Roku, I've become convinced there is some type of conflict between the Roku and the cable box.   I remain very interested to know if any of the newer TVs with built in services are having this same problem, but I've not heard back from folks.   

0 Kudos
swampfox

Jump to solution

I have two stations that i pay for view, Dirtvision and Flosports Some times the sound works and other times is doesn't. Is there a way to fix this. The sound is fine on my desktop for the same programs.

Dave 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing regarding no sound coming from the Roku player? Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@swampfox

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Does the no sound issue only occur on those two channels? Are you still getting sound on other channels?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: No sound problem is fixed!!

Jump to solution

Thanks!!!  It worked!!!

0 Kudos